I've had a couple of inquiries as to how I weave my batiks. It's very simple.
1. Select two different colored fabrics. Cut pieces about 10x12 inches.
2. Iron each piece to some paper backed fusing. I use the stuff that comes in a ten yard roll at a big box store and costs about $1/yd.
3. Peel the paper off the fabric when it's cool. Save the paper to use one as a pressing cloth and the other as an ironing board protector.
4. Lay the fabric in a landscape orientation. Freehand cut the first piece with vertical wavy lines. Leave about 1/4 inch border at the top to hold all the strips in order and position. Place on top of saved paper.
5. Cut the second (weft) piece one strip at a time. Starting at the top of the first piece, lay the weft strip across.